Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring 2010 News

Here's how it stands as of an hour ago. The Canton 11v11 Open adult league has become a 7v7 league and is a go for spring, summer, and fall. I imagine we can come up with two teams and they should both be pretty good, particularly now that we have Steven back so both teams can have a goalie.

As far as entering into MUSL Over-30, I talked to the guy in charge today and it sounds pretty good. They have a meeting tonight and he will let me know for sure tomorrow. A few people (Cal and Roscoe) have already said they don't want to do that, and the younger people wouldn't be eligible. Those of you who are under 30 could always join a team in one of the open divisions if you'd like and then join us when you're old enough. (Apparently, they're pretty stick.)

Like the Orange and Blue teams, those of us who join MUSL would still be able to play in Canton with the the other Green Team people... and then drink beer afterwards. Furthermore, those of you already playing Over-40 could also play Over-30 with us if you'd like (and so can Elizabeth... unlike in life, there are no gender rules in MUSL).

Of the people on the e-mail list (I don't have Ray's contact info), 2 have said they don't want to play MUSL and 2 (I think) are too young. I imagine a few more will choose not to play so I think we'll probably need to find a few more players and drum up some of the folks from years past.

I spoke with Mike at the Ypsi Rec. Dept. today, and he said we can use an Ypsi field as our home field (he promised it would be lined and mowed!) if we'd like. Let me know if you're not old enough or if you chose not to join this team soon so I can get a decent count. We can have a nice little team meeting on Saturday at The Corner Brewery between sets of Jim's band's balls-out rock and roll show.

We'll also need to come up w/ a name and talk uniform info. I suggest the cheaper the better (for shirts... not for a name). Registration will be about the same as Canton as far as pricing goes and you'll need to register on-line.

Team name suggestions???
Dynamo Ypsi (I dig the repetitive Ys... if we play out of Ypsi)
Green Team (keeping it real)
Ypsi FC

No comments: